Wednesday 25 July 2012

Jewellery Holder Tutorial

I have been looking for a jewellery frame holder for a while, to hang my necklaces from, to stop them tangling up.  I found an example of one that was ok from Cox & Cox for £35.  I didn't really want to spend that on something that I wasn't that keen on aesthetically!

So an idea of how I could make one started to come together in my mind.  Yesterday I was out and about and saw a cheap corkboard, and I was off!

Supplies:

60cm x 40cm Corkboard £4.99 from Burts Homestores,
Staple Gun £4.99 from Robert Dyas
Hooks £3.00 from Robert Dyas
Wadding from stash
Fabric from stash





















Cut the wadding a few inches larger on each side of the notice board and firmly staple in place.Pull tight, try not to stretch.















Then attach the fabric (get the right way up) and staple into place firmly all the way around.  Again pull tight, don't over stretch.  If I was doing it again I'd tuck the edges under before stapling.







 


Close up of staples - see how many I put in.

Front view



Hooks put in (they just screwed in)


Necklaces attached, tangle free, looking alluring!.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  It was really quick to make, under an hour.  I am very happy with how it has turned out.  Please let me know if you do one too.

1 comment:

Annaboo's House said...

LOVE it!
What a fab idea- and soooo pretty too.
I'm totally fed up with tangled necklaces and this seems to be the answer!
Thanks!!
Xx